Sunday 30 August 2015

Book Report : ARTEMIS FOWL AND THE ETERNITY CODE

This book is called ARTEMIS FOWL AND THE ETERNITY CODE and it is by an author named Eoin Colfer. 

The book is about a young teenager criminal named Artemis Fowl who runs a criminal business with his dad, his mum and his bodyguard Butler. Artemis's dad is in the hospital recovering from his wounds in jail. Meanwhile, Artemis and Butler continue their criminal business. In this series, they create a gadget called the C-cube using fairy technology. Artemis wants to sell it to an American entrepreneur called Jon Spiro. But when they meet in a restaurant, he gets cheeky and only tells Jon what the cube does but really wants to keep it for his own missions (whereas Jon thinks that he is trying to sell it). Jon then cooks up a fight, in which, he takes the cube and escapes while getting the whole restaurant involved in the fight. He leaves Arno (his bodyguard) to fight and Arno aims to shoot at Artemis but Butler takes the shot and gets hurt severely. Artemis feels terrible about what has happened to Butler. He feels responsible for whats happened to Butler and also worries that this would be the end of his business. Butler is almost about to die, but, Artemis calls his fairy friend Holly and fairy magic saves him! The only problem is during the whole process of healing him, Butler becomes old because Holly has to use, Butler’s life force to heal him.

Meanwhile, Jon is trying to get information about how the cube works but is not able to because Artemis had put in a  code called the eternity code which only recognizes Artemis’ voice patterns and stops anybody else from getting any information on how Artemis made this work.
Jon calls Artemis and threatens him, and because Artemis knows that Jon is dangerous, they pretend to be scared and go over to where Jon is. But Artermis has made a plan with Holly, cleverly using Jon's arch enemy Phoenix (the company ) as the bait and then trapping Jon with fairy magic! Join Artemis, Butler and Holly while they plan things out and save themselves! 


What I really like about the book is : 

  • the way Eoin Colfer builds up the story and in my case sucks me into it !
  • Also I like the way he has done the teaming up part and uses some complex technology ! 
  • He has introduced me to a lot of descriptive words and some really complicated words 
  • I loved the scene in the restaurant, where Butler suspects one of the old ladies in the restaurant to be an assassin and then it turns out that Jon has hired the entire restaurant and each and every person in it was actually an assassin.
  • I also, loved the part where Jon puts a fake Jon to trick Artemis and Artemis pretends to get tricked while all along he knew that this was not the real Jon.
  • I would recommend this book for teenagers because of the electronics, the strategy and the way he writes.
  • I can’t think about anything I wish the author could do differently!

By the way, at the very end of the book, I read this was for boys but I read it and I think that other girls like me would also enjoy and be interested in reading it!

I would give it a 8 out of 10 rating

FIND OUT WHAT I MEAN BY READING ARTEMIS FOWL AND THE ETERNITY CODE ! 


YOU CAN BUY IT HERE

15 comments:

  1. Of all the books reviewed i want to read this the most. Not because the back cover says boys will enjoy it more 😋 but because this seems like a book that has adventure n gizmos and fights etc. thx for the review Adya. Can't wait for ur next lot if reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the comments Uncle Reddigaru ! I also like about the adventure ,gizmos and fighting ! Don't forget to check out my newest one on the tale of despereaux

      Delete
    2. http://youngbookreporters.blogspot.sg

      Delete
  2. sounds like a thriller. You brought the plot alive adya. I would love to know
    1. What happened to the dad and mom
    2. How did the family get into crime
    3. What happened in the end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Papa ! I like the questions you have and I will think deeper into them for you ! Also don't forget to check out my newest one on the tale of despereaux

      Delete
  3. Very well written review Adya! You have captured my interest ! I now want to find out more about this exciting fairy technology. Well written and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uncle Som ! I also want to discover some more about the fairy technology ! Thank you for the comment and don't forget to check my report on the tale of despereaux

      Delete
  4. Wow Adya!! A great analytical book review, love how you have reflected back on how the book has helped you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayathri Didi ! Normally I reflect on how the book has helped me but this one was quite an interesting read ! Thanks for the comments . And don't forget to check out my newest one the tale of despereaux

      Delete
  5. What I like about the blog is the way it is written
    What I find a little confusing is the fight scene at the restaurant ... I had to read twice to understand
    Look forward to more blogs from the young reporter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nani ! I am not so sure about the confusing part but I'll read through it and figure out ! I will continue on my books and don't forget to check out my Tale of Despereaux ! Bye

      Delete
  6. Hi Adya, I have read this book and I have liked it a lot, it is very interesting. I liked how you planned your blog, I love reading too. My favourite are the Usborne Classics... I loved reading the book Snow Queen. It's an awesome book. Have you read it?

    I have a blog too, it's about Food, it's called Mum's Little Cook - http://mumslittlecook.blogspot.in/

    Would you like to be my pen friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nayantara , I would love to be your pen friend ! I will surely check out your Mum's little cook blog ! Thank you for your comment on which books I can read ! BYE

      Delete
  7. Well written Adya. Intriguing plot, would like to what happens in the end. You have made me want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aditya Mama.........The book was an action book with adventure and gizmo..:):)

      Delete